Dear Grammar community member,
I do hope your Thanksgiving weekend with family and friends was both restful and enjoyable.
On September 14, hundreds of Grammarians – teachers, students, parents, alumni, and friends – were on hand at the annual Ice Cream Social to share in the launch our Engaging Excellence Campaign public phase. In the course of that event, we unveiled our “Road to Success,” with the exciting news that we had reached 82% of our $10-million goal. Certainly, this is an extraordinary achievement.
Yet, there is much work left to do.
We still have $1.8 million to raise, and every contribution – no matter what size – makes a meaningful, tangible difference. Indeed, only working together will we will reach our goal of realizing our generation’s vision of achieving excellence.
Already, we have many to thank for their generosity, such as Holly (McCurdy) Dunn ‘88, Leanna Christie, and Nicole Porter ‘94, whose profiles and reasons for giving can be found on our campaign website – onegrammar.ca. Here you will find the following campaign information:
- Donors tell why they believe in One Grammar
- Exterior and interior renderings
- Construction and Campaign news
- e-donation tool and downloadable donation form
- Fundraising progress, and more.
Fifty-nine years ago, our founders were the first generation to give generously to Grammar. Since then, in each successive generation, others have similarly given to realize another iteration of Grammar’s vision of excellence.
Now it is our turn to realize Grammar’s greatest dream yet.
I look forward to working with you in reaching our goal.
Steven Laffoley '84
Headmaster @HalifaxGrammar #OneGrammar #EngagingExcellence
General project facts:
- The Engaging Excellence campaign launched publicly on September 14, 2017.
- Regional Council approved our plan unanimously, with support from City staff, the Peninsula Halifax Planning Advisory Committee, and the Heritage Advisory Committee.
- The broader Halifax community will benefit from our new gymnasium (league games, tournaments) and theatre/multipurpose room (live performances, meetings).
- We are preserving and updating our original, historic Tower Road School building.
- We maintain an open dialogue with you, our neighbours and other stakeholders, to inform you of our progress and to better understand and address your interests and concerns on an ongoing basis.